Sunday

Preheat seriously takes too long

Does anyone besides me have issues on waiting for their oven to preheat? It takes to long so I end up tossing my chicken in and then I over cook it because I question the slight temperature variation because I did not wait for the preheat light to kick off.. I know right!?

I just started cooking enough food to last about 3 days to save time and lessening my chances of getting fast food because I don't want to cook but some times I don't want to eat the food I cook so I'm not sure what to do I am still tweaking these new improvements in my life.

Any suggestions or new ideas would ROCK!!!

I recently bought a new cooler so I can carry around all the foods/ supplements that I may or may not need one never knows, but I love my new cooler w/ reusable blue freeze ice pack...Keeps my food/drinks cool all day at work 10hrs.

Anyway

TTYL

Thanks for all the support and good luck to everyone at the upcoming figure competition and I'll probably be in the crowd @ the night show!!

~Melissa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me a year to get it down too, after a year, I'm STILL tweaking. Wish I had some great words of wisdom. Sorry, I'm all out. :(

Anonymous said...

I cook my chicken in a crock pot. Just throw a whole chicken(with water) in on low all day or all night. Then when it's done I take the meat(minus bones and skin and whatnot) weigh it, bag it up and in the fridge it goes. I find it far more tasty then dry chicken breasts that I also always over cook in the oven lol :)

April said...

I broil mine for 20 mins. No waiting for preheat! I portion out 5 days for the week in my little containers. I know that may be a little long to keep in the fridge for some but it doesn't bother me ;) You can also make a ton and freeze it and then microwave!

JOLT said...

I seriously dislike flaunting my ignorance but what kind of scale did you buy to weight out your food? 4oz of white meat and so forth? I've been guesstimating my amounts thus far YIKES!!!!! Its time for me to get serious